Follow by Email

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Review of Humble Orthodoxy by Joshua Harris



Humble Orthodoxy, by Joshua Harris, in its simplest sense, is nothing new. It's basically speaking the truth in love, and yet, I found this book to be a refreshing and timely message for society. The book is written for Christian laymen. I liked that it contained small boxes that highlighted key points throughout the text. Additionally, at the end of the book, Harris presents study questions. Orthodoxy sounds intimidating, and so, the small size of the book makes it portable and inviting. This book will appeal to Christians of all ages--new and long-time believers alike.

I liked many of the quotes from this book, but one of my favorites is on page 35: "One test for whether we're pursuing humble orthodoxy is this question: Are we giving as much energy to obeying and being reformed by God's Word personally as we are to criticizing its detractors?"

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review, but this did not affect my review in any way. The opinion expressed here is my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By LifeWidget
Powered By LifeWidget
Powered By LifeWidget