Follow by Email

Friday, September 7, 2012

Interview with a Schip


About 8 years ago, my husband and I rescued a Schipperke mix from an animal shelter in Florida. Today, Sparky is still an important part of our family. When our elderly neighbor was sick, Sparky cheered him up. When my dad was confined to a hospital bed with ALS, Sparky jumped up on the bed and livened things up with his sparkling personality. 

I decided to interview Sparky because the Schipperke in my debut suspense novel, Dog Tags, is based on him.

photo of Schipperke on a chair


Interview

HOW DO YOU FEEL BEING THE INSPIRATION BEHIND THE DOG IN THE SOON-TO-BE RELEASED NOVEL, DOG TAGS?

Ruff, Ruff* (I enjoyed it and am hoping I make it into a few scenes in upcoming sequels.) *For ease, all of Sparky’s responses have been translated to “human speak.”

photo of Schipperke on a deck


HOW HAS CELEBRITY STATUS AFFECTED YOU AT ALL?

My sister, Cocoa, a Chihuahua, is a bit jealous because she’s not in the story. Also, I think one of the neighbor dogs has been eyeing me a bit more. I hope to get enough courage to talk to her through the fence next week.

LIKE THE DOG IN THE STORY, HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A BOAT?

No, but I’d like to ride on one someday.

photo of a Schipperke rolling and having fun on a chair


WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE ACTIVITY?

Chasing squirrels. Definitely. And chasing my tail.

SO HOW CAN READERS GET THEIR HANDS ON A COPY OF DOG TAGS?

A release date has not been set yet; however, the book will be available through Harbourlight Books.


cover of the novel, Dog Tags

To learn more about the Schipperke breed, please visit http://www.barkbytes.com/history/schip.htm




6 comments:

  1. Ruff bark howl whimper whine ruff. Please share that with Sparky. He'll understand.

    For the humans, Cute idea, good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog definitely relates when it comes to squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea to interview Sparky! Tell him how much I enjoyed getting to know him. Can't wait to get a copy of DogTags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, Sparky is a great interview! Looking forward to Dot Tags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, Davalyn, Carol, and Pat--thanks for stopping by. I'll tell Sparky you said "hi." :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview! When Dog Tags comes out I'll have to get your autograph as well as Sparky's.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By LifeWidget
Powered By LifeWidget
Powered By LifeWidget