Follow by Email

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How Accessible is Your Blog?

Do you include alt. text for images on your blog(s)?

Alt. text describes images on your blog.  Programs known as screen readers read the alt. text to blind/low vision users.

For a while, I had been inserting alt. text descriptions into html code for Blogger, but then the interface changed.

Recently, I learned the new way to add alt. text and wanted to share this with other bloggers:

  • Left click once on an image once you've inserted it (in compose mode). 
  • A menu will pop up. Click once on "properties."
  • Enter a title of the text and the alt. text. 
For example,
title: cover of [book name]
alt. text: (describe what's on the cover)

I Corinthians 9:22b: " I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some." NIV

3 comments:

  1. Great blog, Heidi! Thanks for the tip. I'm guilty of not having done that but will get better thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also admit I have not done this. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcy and Tracy, thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By LifeWidget
Powered By LifeWidget
Powered By LifeWidget