Follow by Email

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Review of A Man's Heart

A Man’s Heart, written by Lori Copeland, published by Zondervan, and told in third person is a contemporary romantic western of sorts. Okay, so It’s not John Wayne western, but it’s set in the west, mainly on a farm. So to me, a girl who grew up in So Cal, it’s a western. :)

Julianne Matias, aka Jules, backs out on two engagements to the same guy (Cruz Delgado) and leaves town to discover a way to grow the perfect potato. When Cruz’s sister (also Jules’s best friend) becomes ill, Jules returns to town, and things become rocky.

This is the first Lori Copeland book I’ve ever read, and shortly after, I downloaded another book by her from Amazon, and I enjoyed it as well. I say this because the second was historical fiction, something I normally don’t read. But I enjoyed this book so much that I figured I’d like Lori’s other books as well, and so far, I have.

Her characters are normal people with flaws, and I appreciated that in this book, Jules was a strong, intelligent woman. The story moved quickly; I read it in one sitting.

The only potential downside I could see is that there is no epilogue. I might have liked for there to have been one. Still I’d read the book again, and I’d recommend it to others.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've read any of her books. I'll have to check this out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie,

      Thanks for stopping by. I recommend the Brides of the West series by Lori (Faith, Hope, and June). I just finished those.

      Heidi

      Delete

Powered By LifeWidget
Powered By LifeWidget
Powered By LifeWidget